Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Living Hope's Particularization

On Friday, October 3, 2008, the mission work that I began in 2004 was recognized as a distinct congregation within the Mid-Atlantic presbytery of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church. It was a blessed evening of celebration and worship. We ordained 2 men to the officer of ruling elder, 4 to the office of deacon, and 1 to the office of minister/pastor. I myself was installed as the pastor of the church, having been already ordained in 2005 as an evangelist. I wanted to thank all those who have been faithful prayer supporters to the work over the years. To start a church was, in retrospect, one of the boldest and even audacious things I've ever done! What arrogance to think that mere man can in deed build up a church. I write this now with true conviction and humility and say that the good of Living Hope and the transformation of lives seen within her is a result of the work of the Holy Spirit alone. The areas of weakness are mine and pray for forgiveness for my arrogance, independence, and selfishness. I rejoice in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and give all the glory to our God. Praise God for His church and I long to see the name of Jesus exalted through the long ministry-life of Living Hope.

2 comments:

Rob Maeder said...

Congrats!

I would love to hear your sermon on Matthew 5-oaths, etc. You seemed to draw somewhat different conclusions than me(from the preview you gave in class)... there goes my grade. After I give my OT sermon to my class, we'll be approximately on the same page... though my guys tend to go through scripture a little faster than probably you do. We talked this week about things which last, and things which do not. We talked also about being rather than appearing, identity in Christ.

Oh well, good to see your blog, sorry for the rambling.

See you tomorrow night,
Rob

Anonymous said...

Eхcellent beat ! I woulԁ like to аpprentiсe evеn aѕ yоu amend youг site, how could i subscrіbe
for а blog wеb site? The account helpеd
me a applicable deаl. I ωeгe tiny bit familiaг of this your broadсast
offеred vivid transpаrent idea

Stop by mу pаgе; 888 Pοkеr Bonus **