Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baptism of Priscilla and Thoughts on my kids

Well, here I am....watching my sixth child sleeping very comfortably in my arms (it's hard to type like this). If someone told me 10 years ago that I would be the father of six children I would have fallen over laughing. Connecting with old high school friends on facebook has made me more conscious of where I used to be 25 years ago and where I am now! It's pretty amazing to see how God directs people in their lives.



Priscilla, my sixth, was baptized into the church a few Sundays past. She is such a joy! I had almost forgotten how great it is to have a baby in the house. And the Lord has blessed me with six GREAT KIDS! I mean it truly, GREAT KIDS! I could not have asked for a better set of children. Baptizing Priscilla was such a joy. It has given me a moment to think about how the others are doing as well. Caleb and Jeremiah are growing into thoughtful gentlemen and diligent workers for the kingdom. They help me every Sunday morning to setup for our Sunday services. I hope that Jeremiah will be ready for membership this year, but I don't want to press it. He is still working through some deep Gospel issues. Kara is also doing well with a strong sense of God in her life - I pray that she make Christ personal to her. Micah is also a joy. He is the most sensitive about the presence of God in life of all the kids. WOW! He is also the one who has inherited most of my oversensitivities. Alas! God save my children. Tabitha is stubborn but brings so much joy!

Parenting is a constant reminder that I need Jesus or I die, my children die! They are growing faithful and well. I give all credit to Christ! Thank you dear Lord for such blessed kids!

No comments: