Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Living Hope 5th Year Anniversary

I received one comment that suggested I make more personal entries. Good point. Thank you for the comment. So, here goes!

Living Hope, the church where I pastor, just celebrated 5 years of ministry! I can't believe that it has been 5 years already! The past several months has given me a few moments (when I'm not working on messages, discipleship materials, lectures, or dissertation) to ponder and pray about what God has done and continues to do. This church is a testimony to His work and I'm thankful to be a part of it. It is a reminder to me that any church that continues and grows in ministry is a supernatural work of God. I think about the many obstacles we have overcome, the loss of members, gaining new ones, the struggles that seemed endless and hopeless...God is great!

5 years! I don't know how much longer I can continue at this pace. This church is a special one and I have come to understand the power of God, the grace of the Gospel, and the significance a pastor makes in the lives of others. I will never forget these years, nor the congregation of Living Hope Church.

No comments: